Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Vintage Pedaling Past

Good afternoon!!  Well, my goal this week was to post every day, but I had a meeting last night and got home late...so it just didn't happen.  This card is a swap I designed for the monthly Stampin' Up meeting that I attend (that's where I was last night!!).  The swapping is optional, but I always like to participate because I get some pretty good swaps in return.  I used the Pedaling Past stamp set that is available in the new Summer Mini.  Originally, I was not going to buy this stamp set, but the more I saw it used, the more I fell in love with it (that's what usally happens!).  So, I decided to order it and when it came in the mail, I had accidentally ordered it in French!!!  I was able to send it back and Stampin' Up sent me the English version.  The card base is not quite navy...which I absolutely love.  It was then layered with kraft card stock, added a small strip of Bella Blue DSP, and then stamped the bicycle image on kraft.  I brought out the sewing machine and made a stitching border and used the cutter kit to distress the edges of the card stock to give it a vintage look.  I really love the way it turned out and am looking forward to using this stamp set more.  Hope you're having a great day and let me know what you think!!!


Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Pedaling Past
Paper:  Not Quite Navy CS, Kraft CS, Bella Blue DSP
Ink:  Not Quite Navy
Accessories:  Cutter Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponges

Thanks for stoppin' by!!!

1 comment:

  1. loved this swap, Lib! tell your mom "happy mother's day" for me:)

    ReplyDelete