Sunday, May 2, 2010

Retiring Color Special

A couple weeks ago, Stampin' Up announced that they will be doing a color renevation in the new 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog.  While I'm not sad to see some colors go (only orange and yo-yo yellow), I will be sad to see certain colors leave us, mainly sage shadow...I love that color:(  The inspiration for this card came from my upline's upline (if you can follow that).  Every week she gives us a challenge to complete and then we get our name entered into a drawing for a special surprise.  This week, she challenged us to make a card using only retiring colors (but we could use whisper white and very vanilla).  So, I chose brilliant blue, pink passion, and green galore.  I actually like these colors, so I am a little sad to see them go, but they are being replaced by some even better choices.  I started with a brilliant blue card base and layered a small strip of green galore.  I used the A Little Bit of Magic from the new Summer-Mini that is now available...I stamped it in Black StatzOn Ink and colored it with my three main colors.  I then mounted it on green galore and then again on pink passion.  Finally, I stamped the greeting using the Look Who's Turning stamp set.  I think it turned out pretty cute...kinda girly.  I have a cousin who has a birthday this week, so I think I'll stick it in the mail for her.  Let me know what you think!!!



Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  A Little Bit of Magic, Look Who's Turning
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, Pink Passion, Green Galore
Ink:  Black StatzOn, Brilliant Blue, Pink Passion, Green Galore, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Accessories:  Dimensionals

Thanks for stoppin' by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment