Friday, May 14, 2010

Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge #29

Sorry it's been so long since I've last posted.  I had a shoulder injury a couple weeks ago (don't ask what happened, I was being an idiot) and it's been interferring with my stamping...and I'm NOT happy about it.  So, I made a quick and easy card for this week's color challenge.  The colors were ones that I'd not usually use together...bordering blue, tangerine tango, summer sun, and whisper white...but they do look good together in the end.  I was lazy with the design of the card and used one of the Fresh-Cut Note Cards for the base.  After punching out the flower portions, I sponge daubed the center with summer sun and along the edges of the flowers with tangerine tango.  To get the underneath look, I stamped with the Gratuitous Graffiti stamp onto glossy white card stock using bordering blue ink.  To finish it off, I added the "heartfelt thanks" greeting from the Sweetheart stamp set and a quick bow with the retired tangerine tango ribbon (what's a card without ribbon?).  Since you can't mail these adorable note cards, I took the opportunity to make a thank-you note for the doctor that I work for.  Last week was Nurse's Week and he get us gift cards to one of the local greenhouses...I can't wait to go shopping with it.  Hope you enjoy this created and let me know what you think!!!  I promise it won't be 10 more days before I post again.






Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Gratuitous Graffiti, Sweethearts
Paper:  Glossy White CS, Fresh-Cute Note Cards
Ink:  Bordering Blue, Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun
Accessories:  Sponge Daubers, Tangerine Tango Ribbon

Thanks for stoppin' by!!!

3 comments:

  1. delightful use of the little fresh note! mine are sooo dusty! thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call, Libby!

    ps...hope your shoulder's better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great use of the colours Libby! thanks for joining in the fun again this week at Curtain Call! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool CAS card!! Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete