Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 31

'Tis the season for graduations.  My mom asked me to make a few graduation cards for her (along with a few I needed for myself), so I thought I'd post the next 5 days of the cards I came up with.  This first card was designed with Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge in mind.  This week, the colors are whisper white, night of navy, pretty in pink, garden green, and almost amethyst.  I made the card base in whisper white and on the side used the eyelet border punch.  I then used a strip of night of navy under the punched out border.  I used the Asian Aristry stamp set (which is a level 2 hostess stamp set)...I used the stampin markers in garden green and pretty in pink to stamp then image multiple times to make it look like a meadow.  Then I used the Big Shot and Beautiful Wings emblosslit die to cut out the butterflies...which are adheared with stampin' dimensionals to make them pop off the page.  Finally, I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes to stamp the graduation greeting.  This is definitely a girly card...so my plan is to have either my mom or me give it to my cousin's girlfriend...they both just graduated from optometry school.  I'm excited because they will both be working in the area so I can maybe get a discount on glasses???  Let me know what you think of the card.  Hope you're week is drier than mine (it's rained every day this week) and have a safe and great Memorial Day Weekend!!  Check back tomorrow for another graduation card idea.




Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Asian Artistry (hostess level 2)
Paper:  Whisper White CS, Night of Navy CS, Almost Amethyst CS, Pretty In Pink CS
Ink:  Garden Green, Pretty In Pink
Accessories:  Eyelet Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for stoppin' by!!

2 comments:

  1. very sweet, Libby! clever combination of stamps and die cuts:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a tranquil card, love how you have used all the colours! thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete